Sunday, November 11, 2012

Funny Fluency

    This game is used by my third graders during their Reading Center time. It is a choice in my Fluency bucket. What I noticed was that my students enjoyed similar games but needed to be a bit more challenged.
   
   Twisted Tongues is a hilariously entertaining way for my students to practice their fluency. It is comprised of fun tongue twisters that encourages my students to slow down when reading. My students are really enjoying this game and are learning so much about their personal reading. This has also benefited my dyslexic students who also needed to practice slowing down. Check out the comments on my TPT store from teachers who have already tried it out!


     How to Play: Students take turns drawing cards. Depending on the card they draw, students will either read the card correctly the first time, earn a bonus turn or lose a card from their pile.

     Dont forget to leave a comment on here telling me what you thought as well as on TPT so that you earn points!

0 comments:

Post a Comment