Monday, April 28, 2014

Camping themed classroom decor

Just got done putting the finishing touches on my latest Classroom Themed Pack. If camping is your classroom theme, then you gotta check this out. All items can be purchased in my TpT store.



 
           My students used a chart similar (different theme) in my classroom. Each student was given a classroom number (1-20ish) at the beginning of the year and each student was also given a clothespin with their classroom number on it. Each student starts the day on a fresh start... aka "ready to go" and move their clip according to their day. I am a firm believer that everyone deserves a 2nd chance and that is why they always start on "ready to learn" each day. Depending on their actions for the day, students can move up or down. If, at the end of the day they ended the day on "Outstanding", they would get a sticker on their clothespin. After 3 stickers (=3 days of being on outstanding... doesn't have to be 3 days in a row), students get to choose from one of my rewards cards.
           After choosing their reward at the end of the day (which they will get to use the next day) the student would take their 3 stickers off and take them home or put them on their daily folder which was a pretty popular thing to do. I would then have my daily behavior chart helper, move all the clips at the end of the day back to "ready to learn" so that everyone starts fresh the next day.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment